Thursday, July 19, 2007

Project Exodus

This past week I was in New York with my church youth group, and Bobbi Jo. We worked in Washington Heights at Operation Exodus, where we help the kids with learning and we try and minister to them and teach then God's Word. Well, for the main part, this is my 2nd time in New York, I went last year too. It's an amazing opportunity to experienced the sights and sounds of a completely different culture if the fascinating people of the Dominican Republic. It's so crazy to see your relationships grow with the kids through the week. At first you think you will just do what you're supposed to do and you won't see friendship growing. By the end of the week no one has ever wanted to leave as far as I have been there. It's definitely a HUGE challenge but it's all worth while in the end. After such an amazing week you carry these memories with you forever.

Lucy Strickland

No comments: