Thursday, July 19, 2007

NYC was amazing!

Wow, well, my name is Anneka, and I was one of the volunteers at the Operation Exodus this past week, and it was an amazing week. This is my 4th year helping out at OE, and so it's nice to be able to make relationships one year, then come back, and be able to pick back up on some of them. It's amazing some of the relationships I've made with some of the kids, and I hope to keep in touch with them after the program.

This year I was helping with the same class of kids I help with last year: third grade. All the kids are amazing, just some of them are a little more tiring than the others... lol. But I love them all to death. So, we go to the park with them, and help them with math and reading and writing.

But overall, this week was challenging, but throughout it, I've had a lot of fun as well.

No comments: