Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hello from NYC

Yesterday, I made my way to the subway from my friend’s apartment made my 1st stop for my daily fix of caffeine before catching the C line uptown. I got on the subway, looked around and realized I back in New York and this time around it felt normal just like home. Last year, I wasn’t so calm about being in the Big Apple to host mission teams but this year is different. As I rode the subway last night, I could not help but to think about the vast differences in one subway stop to the next as I emerged into the city. You can go from an up scale neighborhood to another area on the opposite end of the spectrum. Last night, we got off the subway and walked through a group of people who we could tell were up to no good, but we walked passes quietly without much talk or eye contact. But it was all good.

Pray for the City of New York, there is such need for the Gospel to be real and present in this city and those who call NYC home.

Update:
Friday – I went to the program and got to see some of the kids & tutors, my how much kids grow in a year. I am excited to be back and be able to see them and I look forward to catching up with them next week. There are now about 108 kids in the program according to the last number count I heard from Adam.

Then I made the annual run to Costco for food and supplies for the next few weeks with Brandon and Oz from Exodus. Costco is always adventure especially getting there and back. Brandon and Oz thanks so much for taking me stopping and loading and uploading our stuff.

Eleven members from Trinity Presbyterian (Covington, GA) arrived around noon and were such a great help unpacking the van as we dumped everything on the six avenue in front of the apartments then unpacking and cleaning the apartments.

Friday night we finished up much earlier than we expected and had Malecon for dinner. Malecon is soooo yummy. If you have not been to NYC yet and are coming, I look forward to taking you to Malecon!

This morning everyone slept in a bit and Debbie M arrived to join the team. Today, the team is all out for their day off exploring the city.

Until next time….have a great day.

No comments: