Thursday, February 25, 2010

Making Memories

Recently, Exodus took the kids to Central Park to go ice-skating! The kids had a blast and did exceptionally well, despite the adults being worried of the worst things that could happen. It was described as possibly one of the most fun events of the year!

If you have a fun memory from Exodus or story to tell, please let us know! We'd love to hear what the Lord has done in your life through Exodus or how your time there changed your perspective on ministry.

From someone that went in Summer 2007:

“I really had no expectations for this trip. The only thing I ask of the Lord to use me. I was open to what ever he chose for me to do. I never expected to be a volunteer for a tutor… The first few days I felt almost useless because I didn’t know the plan for the class and didn’t know to what extent I should participate in class…Today during craft time I spontaneously started sharing what God had done for me and gave them [the children] words of encouragement and comfort...My prayer is that they will take what little I shared with them and continue to build on it…I see their faces now and I pray I never forget what they look like. They will always be in my heart.”

No comments: